HOALU - THE ANCIENT CAPITAL OF VIETNAM
The area is also one of astounding natural beauty with limestone peaks whose splendor is often said to surpass that of Ha Long Bay. You will enjoy being rowed along the Boi River in traditional boats, which makes for a truly unforgettable experience, passing between towering limestone peaks.
Program in details:
We leave Hanoi at 08.00 and head south for the two hour drive along Highway One. We spend one hour visiting the Dinh and Le sanctuaries. These are the two remaining temples of the ancient citadel of Hoa Lu. The first is dedicated to Dinh Tien Hoang (also known as Dinh Bo Linh), an Emperor from the Dinh Dynasty. The second commemorates the rulers of the Le Dynasty. Dinh Bo Linh successfully conquered Vietnam’s first independent rulers, the Ngo Dynasty. On his death in 980, General Le Hoan wisely married Dinh’s widow and established the Le Dynasty and enlarged the citadel.
We then move on to Tam Coc for a two and half hour boat trip along the Boi River. This area is rightly often referred to as the Ha Long Bay on land due to the similar topography. We return back to Hanoi in the late afternoon.
Trip cost includes:
• Admission fees
• Meals (1 lunch) as indicated
• Transfer in air-conditioned vehicle
• Fully escorted by English speaking guide
Trip cost excludes:
• Tips and gratuities
• Travel insurance (Compulsory)
• Personal Expenses, bar, drinks
• Pre-post accommodation in Hanoi
• Air conditioned bus, boat
• You will be collected from your hotel. Pick up time will be advised upon confirmation of booking or call upon arrival in Hanoi to re-confirm pick-up time.
What to take:
• We suggest a small, lightweight daypack for cameras and drinking water etc
Creating Unique Touring Experiences:
All the touring itineraries on this website have been carefully crafted by our in-country management teams and represent a series of experiences we can certainly recommend. However, we understand that every travel experience should be as unique and individual as each traveler. Our consultants are waiting to hear from you so that we can tailor or custom design a Vietnam tour to your individual specifications.