HANOI – HALONG BAY
Thousands of limestone islands jut out of the sea, sculpted into awe inspiring shapes and surrounded by colourful floating villages; Halong Bay is a truly one of the natural wonders of the world. The perfect way to see this UNESCO World Heritage Site is to spend a night aboard a charming wooden junk. The mystical beauty of the bay and its islands is only fully appreciated while cruising among the islands, fjords and inlets. Eat, drink and take romantic walks while cruising amongst the islands. After a night on board wake up to see daylight filtering through the early morning mist and the towering rock formations, leaving a dream-like memory of your visit to Halong Bay.
Jasmine, Ginger & Violet Junks:
These traditional wooden junks are superbly furnished with typical 1930s Asian inspired décor. Newly launched on the bay they set a new level of standard of junk cruising on Halong. Check them out www.DiscoveryHalong.com
Program in details:
Day 01 - Hanoi - Halong Bay (L,D)
Leave Hanoi by road for Halong Bay. Enjoy the journey through the rich farmlands of the Red River Delta and the scenery of rice fields, water buffalos and everyday Vietnamese village life. Arrive in Halong and board your charming traditional wooden junk for the overnight journey into the Bay. En-route lunch will be served. Following cruise by rock formations with such names as Sail, Dog and Dinh Huong (incense pot). Towards the end of the day set anchor for the night. As the sun sets over the bay dinner is served on board with fresh seafood, salads, and fruits. Overnight on Halong Bay
Day 02 - Halong Bay - Hanoi (B)
On your return towards Halong City enjoy a wholesome brunch as your boat weaves through the magnificent rock formations. Upon disembarkation your driver will meet you for the transfer back to Hanoi. As an optional extra, and according to your flight schedule, your drive back to Hanoi can include various stops in the Red River Delta. Visit one of the oldest pagodas in Vietnam 'But Thap', the Bat Trang Pottery village, or a small village where you can watch a traditional water puppet performance. Contact us for further info.
Our Tour includes:
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels.
- Tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Services of a driver and Private air-conditioned vehicles during all tours and transfers.
- Services of an English speaking guide during transfers between Hanoi and Halong Bay only.
- English-speaking assistance on the Junk Cruise.
- Entrance fees for all sights visited.
- Camera and video cameras fees if applicable
- Lunch or dinner if mentioned in itinerary with (L,D)
Our Tour excludes:
- International flights to and from Vietnam
- Meals other than those mentioned above
- Personal expenses are such as laundry, telephone, drinks etc....
- Tips for guides & drivers
- Personal insurance
- Any domestic flights not mentioned
Creating Unique Touring Experiences:
All the touring itineraries on this website have been carefully crafted by our in-country management teams and represent a series of experiences we can certainly recommend. However, we understand that every travel experience should be as unique and individual as each traveler. Our consultants are waiting to hear from you so that we can tailor or custom design a Vietnam tour to your individual specifications.